The Necropolis faction is the faction of the undead. The undead only lack in speedy cavalry-type troops. The Necropolis heroes have a certain amount of Dark Energy available to them per week. When the hero defeats an army of enemy creatures, a certain number of those defeated can be raised as Necropolis-type monsters. For example, if your hero kills an army of Peasants, they can be raised as Skeletons.
Units found in the Necropolis include the following:
- Skeletons; upgrade Skeleton Archers or Skeleton Warriors.
- Zombies; upgrade Plague Zombies or Rot Zombies.
- Ghosts; upgrade Spectres or Poltergeists.
- Vampires; upgrade Vampire Lords or Vampire Princes.
- Liches; upgrade Archiliches or Lich Masters.
- Wights; upgrade Wraiths or Banshees.
- Bone Dragons; upgrade Spectral Dragons or Ghost Dragons.
Note: second upgrades are only available with the Tribes of the East expansion.
Buildings that can be built in Necropolis towns include the following:
- Village Hall; upgrade Town Hall --> City Hall --> Capitol.
- Marketplace; upgrade Resource Silo.
- Graveyard; upgrade Boneyard.
- Crypt; upgrade Festering Crypt.
- Fort; upgrade Citadel --> Castle
- Magic Guild.
- Ruined Tower; upgrade Haunted Tower.
- Pillar of Bones.
- Unearthed Graves.
- Vampire Mansion; upgrade Vampire Palace.
- Sepulcher; upgrade Mausoleum.
- Shrine of the Netherworld.
- Forlorn Hall; upgrade Forlorn Cathedral.
- Dragon Graveyard; upgrade Dragon Vault.
- Dragon Tombstone.
- Tomb of the Lost; tear of Asha needed.
The list of Heroes available to Necropolis includes: