The Stronghold faction, introduced in Tribes of the East, focuses on offensive infantry units, with few cavalry, fliers, archers, or spellcasters. Their magic system uses Warcries instead of actual magic, and plays on the special Blood Rage ability of the Stronghold units. This Blood Rage can absorb damage from attacks, and also increases attack power.
The following units are available to the Stronghold faction:
- Goblins; upgrade Goblin Trappers or Goblin Witch Doctors.
- Centaurs; upgrade Centaur Nomads or Centaur Marauders.
- Warriors; upgrade Maulers or Warmongers.
- Shamans; upgrade Sky Daughters or Earth Daughters.
- Slayers; upgrade Executioners or Chieftans.
- Wyverns; upgrade Foul Wyverns or Paokais.
- Cyclopses; upgrade Untamed Cyclopses or Bloodeyed Cyclopses.
The following buildings can be built in Stronghold towns:
- Village Hall; upgrade Town Hall --> City Hall --> Capitol.
- Marketplace; upgrade Resource Silo.
- Goblin Slums; upgrade Goblin Shacks.
- Fort; upgrade Citadel --> Castle.
- Centaur Outpost; upgrade Centaur Camp.
- Hall of Trials; upgrade Hall of Courage --> Hall of Might.
- Garbage Pile.
- Warrior Tents; upgrade War Pavillion.
- Walker's Hut.
- Pile of Skulls.
- House of Spirits; upgrade House of Bones.
- Slave Market.
- Chamber of Wrath; upgrade Chamber of Rage.
- Wyvern Cliff; upgrade Wyvern Tower.
- The Tower of the Khan; Tear of Asha required.
- Cyclops Chasm; upgrade Cyclops Abyss.
The following Heroes are playable in the Stronghold faction: