The Sylvan faction specializes in speedy units, with fewer damage-dealing infantry types and few flyers. Their Magic Guild spells include Light Magic, Destruction Magic, and some scattered bits of Dark Magic and Summoning Magic.
The units available to the Sylvans include:
- Pixies; upgrade Sprites or Dryads.
- Blade Dancers; upgrade War Dancers or Wind Dancers.
- Hunters; upgrade Master Hunters or Arcane Archers.
- Druids; upgrade Druid Elders or High Druids.
- Unicorns; upgrade Silver Unicorns or Pristine Unicorns.
- Treants; upgrade Ancient Treants or Savage Treants.
- Green Dragons; upgrade Emerald Dragons or Crystal Dragons.
Note: second upgrades are available with the Tribes of the East expansion.
The following buildings can be created in Sylvan towns:
- Village Hall; upgrade Town Hall --> City Hall --> Capitol.
- Marketplace; upgrade Resource Silo.
- Battledance Terrace; upgrade Battledance Arena.
- Magic Guild.
- Mystic Pond.
- Blooming Grove.
- Fort; upgrade Citadel --> Castle.
- Sparkling Fountain.
- Hunters Cabins; upgrade Hunters Lodge.
- Stone Ring; upgrade Stone Circle.
- Unicorn Glade; upgrade Unicorn Gardens.
- Avenger's Guild; upgrade Avenger's Brotherhood.
- Treant Arches; upgrade Treant Alcove.
- Daughter of Sylanna; tear of Asha required.
- Dragon Altar; upgrade Dragon Shrine.
- Treant Saplings.
The following Sylvan Faction Heroes are playable: